3. Be open to seeking help / support others to seek help

If you are concerned about the alcohol use of someone in your family/whānau you can assist them to access the help they need.  If you are experiencing problems with your own drinking, please seek the help below.

The best starting point is your GP or the Alcohol and Drug Helpline. They will be able to support you towards the best course of action and local services including youth services that are available. The Helpline phone number is 0800 787 797. You can also visit their visit their website, or free txt 8681 for confidential advice.